This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's your favorite part?

What whole-hearted positive statement can you make about yourself?

And, as you consider whether or not to make a comment, are you finding it easy or difficult to be whole-hearted?

I am interested in your thought processes.

12 comments:

Furrow said...

Wow. So difficult. When I was younger, it would have been much easier -- not because I like myself less now, but because I don't much think in absolutes anymore. And I'm not as introspective as I once was.

Are you talking physical parts or personality? I'm going with the latter, and if I really try, I can say almost whole-heartedly that I am willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, and maybe that comes from my inability to think in absolutes anymore. (Heck, I shouldn't have gone first.) If it's supposed to be physical parts, I'll try again later.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I purposely didn't say (physical or personality traits) because I want to know were people go with this.

Your answer is a good one! I think that's a wonderful quality to have. Probably makes marriage much easier, lol.

LJ said...

This wasn't always my strongest suit. Seriously hard work in therapy is something that has brought me this gift...

I love that I can rationally think about most things - I don't get as riled up in black and white thinking as I used to. It's really hard to do, but man, it keeps me so calm, and is the best gift I have ever given myself.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I always try my best. Even when it's not necessary or even beneficial. When I have been told specifically to stop doing my best and just do a good-enough job, it has been really hard -- but I tried my best not to do my best. Ha!

I think it is easy to be whole-hearted about something like this which is a positive trait (to me) and is a clear and consistent part of my identity. But I think it's much more difficult to be whole-hearted with many other aspects of life. And as much as doing my best comes naturally, feeling things whole-heartedly does not.

annacyclopedia said...

I can wholeheartedly say that I love the fact that I am a seeker in life, looking for truth and meaning in all my life experiences, and trying to learn more about myself and how I am in this life.

I don't find it hard to love the seeker in me, but sometimes I find it hard to do the seeking. I guess that sort of means I sometimes wish I was different than I am, but that wish is only born out of frustration. I really would never want to be any other way, and really, I don't have a choice. It's just who I am.

Great question, Lori!

chicklet said...

It's not in my nature to be whole-hearted. I'm half-hearted and cold-hearted, and just kinda lame;-)

You stumped me.

C said...

First off, thank you for the comment and understanding.

Secondly...Hmm, I admit, I find it difficult to be whole-hearted and come up with something real quick. Not because I think so badly of myself that nothing is there, but because I find it hard to put myself out there...

But, I can say that I appreciate that I am not quick to judge ppl just based on other's opinions. I try to "walk a mile in their shoes" b/c I know that I don't like to be judged either. Funny thing is, I can find it easy to understand others, but I'm more judgmental about myself:-)

nancy said...

I like my boobs.

Okay, so that's totally not what you are looking for, but I'm about to leave town for an entire week and I can't think worth crap. So just to let you know I'm reading, I put in a snarky comment :) Love ya Lori!!!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I like your boobs, too, Nancy!

You guys (except Nancy) are all very deep.

I would say my legs. I like my long legs.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I care deeply. That's my wholehearted statement. But it was hard to come up with one.

Shelby said...

I am terrific at long term goals, setting my mind forward and with hyper-focus, traveling towards an end point, no matter how long it takes. I think that's how I've come to survive this IF game for four years.

luna said...

you stumped me too.

the only thing I really wholeheartedly embrace right now is readiness to be a mother. I've been doing the wife/daughter/sister/worker thing for so long that my heart is ready to embrace deep new love, if that makes sense.

physically, I barely even recognize my body anymore. I used to love my eyes, but when I look now all I see is the deep dark circles under them and the drain of the last 5 years...