For Show & Tell today, I'm telling eight unrelated blurbs (apologies to Chicklet for using her word, which I can no longer spell correctly):===========
1. Have you read Peggy Orenstein's Waiting for Daisy yet? It holds a special place in my heart not only because I loved reading it but also because it brought me to Stirrup Queens which brought me to blogging.
Peggy wrote an article recently in the New York Times Magazine called "The Toxic Paradox." It's about environmental and other risks that we worry about in odd proportions. Click on over -- your thoughts will be provoked.
I have it on good authority that Peggy would be very happy if you go over and click on the "Share" button (it's right under the photo). Then post to your Facebook profile (or other social media) and share with others.
=============
2. Did you forget a Valentine? Or need a just-because gift? You can send or print an Amazon gift card within a minute or two. Voila, instant present.
=============
3. HEYYY YOU GUYS!!!! The Electric Company is back. Could Zoom be far behind?
I can hardly wait to watch again. I love me some Fargo North, Decoder.
============
4. Love my shoes has a FABULOUS sale during February when you buy at least 2 pairs of shoes. Use code VAL60OFF and get 60% off! I have patronized this company and wrote about my positive experience on All Thumbs Reviews, back when the discount was a measly 40%.
============
5. Are you into "He's Just Not That Into You?" Then enter this soundtrack giveaway. Deadline is midnight February 16. Your chances are pretty good right now.
============
6. Remember my YogaToes? Through the month of February, you can get a 30% discount. Details over at All Thumbs Reviews (don't pay full price like my mom did).
=============
7. Can't make it to hear Elizabeth Gilbert speak this weekend in Denver? My friend Catherine posted a presentation by the author of Eat, Pray, Love from TED2009. Intriguing message about the capricious nature of the creative process.
============
8. Ignorance WAS bliss: According to My Home Ideas, every dirty pair of undies in your laundry has a gram of feces in it.
You're welcome.
(I'll be able to tell who reads all the way to the end, for sure.)
=============
For the next kids in line for Show & Tell, head over the Mel's. It's like recess all day!



21 comments:
I read to the end--YUCK! You just made me lose my appetite for dinner. Thank G-d we just changed laundry baskets and got one with a lid.
You are shameless AND you have underwear issues... ;-)
Eeeewwwwwwww...thank God I had already finished my dinner.
The underwear article advises washing underwear separately. They either run loads that are 1/20 full, have giant underpants, or have a hundred pairs and can wait a few months between loads. The latter seems to me to be less sanitary than just washing underpants with the rest of your clothes.
On the bright side, this is a good excuse to make my husband hurry up when he transfers the laundry from washer to dryer instead of forgetting for hours.
My little brother used to throw his underwear out after wearing them. We figured he was just lazy. Now, I think I might want disposable underwear, too.
Wow, what a list, very comprehensive. I loved The Electric Company! I always hear the song in my head when I write or say "The Electric Company". I have a skin care line for you to call for a sample to review, I will email the details this week. Best, M
Oh please. A gram? In every pair of underwear? Have they checked every pair of underwear? I didn't think so - that means it's an average. I have encountered plenty of gross and stinky people who I know are carrying around every gram I've ever supposedly deposited. Next time you encounter a stinky person, thank them for your clean undies...
Wait, what were you talking about? Wasn't there something about shoes?
Count me as one of those that read through to the end. EWWW!!
On another note, Elizabeth Gilbert was in Denver?!?! I really need to keep up with local current events a little better.
Thanks for the link! I'm off to check the rest of 'em out.
yeah, I read all the way to the end too. Yuck.
I did make it to the end. :[
I didn't read to the end yet. Just wanted to say that they already re-made Zoom in the 21st Century.
Lori - ICK! Just ick! But - on the flip side, you will keep me busy for the rest of the day clicking links and getting lost in thought!
Oh - to hop a plane to Denver...no- I'll just click over.
Electric Company--I love it! We have the DVDs. My son loves it, and sings "Gilbert eats Green Grapes", also he loves the Chair soap opera.
(I am pretending I did not read that last one)
Electric Company AND Zoom!! I wonder if 3-2-1 Contact will make a comeback, too . . .
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I'm with the other poster, though -- that gram MUST belong to someone else! :-)
Love the Amazon gift card idea.
Wow. You're just a wealth of knowledge -- somethings I wanted to know and others not so much. The subject matter range is impressive.
Oh I hope ZOOM makes a come back! I loved that show! Thanks for all the tips ;o)
I made it to the end too--I'm now quite sad considering my suitcase across the room, out of which I've been living for the past 9 days and in which the dirty undies of said 9 days reside, nestled up next to my regular clothes with only a thin mesh barrier between them. Oh, goodie.
I now need to check out some shoes to cheer myself up!
Thank you for that lovely tidbit at the end. So very kind of you... ;)
Wow, i will chekcing out all the great links! And yuck, a gram????
Pooey underpants- I believe it about my husband- but MOI? Never!
I would love to read Waiting For daisy- unfortunately I don't have time to change my underwear, no less read a book...
Post a Comment