And like the other hurdles, I came at it and jumped over it, doing what was required to the best of my ability. Then I left the hurdle behind, never to give it another thought.
Time has passed. My dad had a heart attack. Another family member choked on a morsel. Both incidents had good outcomes.
But what if. What if *I* were called on to save the day. Would I? Could I?
I'm signing up to take Child & Infant CPR through the American Red Cross.
How are your skills? How about the skills of your neighbor, your sitter, your child's older sibling, or anyone who takes care of your sons and daughters? Could you save the day? Could they?
The American Red Cross is offering WeeblesWobblog readers a 15% discount on this class. This link goes to the Colorado chapter, but the class is offered online, so you have no excuse not to click over and register (unless your skills and those of your child's caretakers are already tip top). Use the coupon code "BLOGGER" at checkout.
You're welcome.
.



13 comments:
I was just about to find classes for this! When I was in high school, I was in Health Occupations Students of America, and I became a CNA before graduating. We had to get CPR certified and I've since haven't renewed. It's awful, b/c as much as I *think* I know how to do it, I've been thinking I NEED to get refreshed. I was going to drag MIL with me since she watches the boys during the day. Thanks!
Thanks! Infant CPR is on our to-do list.
I did this before D was born, and hope I never use it, but know I'll be prepped if I have to.
Thanks, Lori.. I've been meaning to get another CPR class under my belt since Sue started having some health hiccups.
You've pushed me ... in a good way.
I was planning on doing such a course, and even started looking into it but kind of forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me!
I think that every mother should be required to take these classes as part of their pre-natal care. It makes so much sense!
As a former ICU nurse, I am certified in ACLS, BLS, and PALS. I've had to perform the Heimlich on my own son, and on a woman at a restaurant. I've performed CPR countless times.
And I will say, that when the stuff hits the fan, you will be grateful for the chance to practice emergency skills in a non-scary setting beforehand. No one is together enough to follow the emergency instructions hanging on the fridge when their own kid's life is at stake.
Considering that it's required for work I think I'm probably pretty up to date although I have to admit that I've never done CPR really on anyone and the idea sort of freaks me out.
Great reminder!!!
Because I used to work at and teach classes at our athletic club, I have been certified every two years.
Since I am not longer working there, I have let my certification lapse. This is a good reminder. Thanks!
Any chance of classes during the week I'll be in town?
I have to take, and renew, first aid as a Brownie leader - they teach us right down to infants as it's similar to the tiniest girls. And they teach us older adults too, in case of leaders having an incident.
An absolute must!
You are the coolest for doing this! My ACLS, PALS, and medic certification are all out-of-date, but I've got my CPR skills still safely tucked away in my back pocket.
Post a Comment