This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Friday, August 10, 2007

What I have craved

1994
What I have

A condo of my own, furnished with my own stuff.
A fascinating job as head of an adult learning network.
Good grades in grad school.
A lot of time to myself to read, write, think. Too much, maybe.

What I crave
The man I am to share my life with, if he even exists. Every morning I wake up wondering if this is the day I'll meet him. It's an obsession.


1999
What I have

A handsome, funny, smart, hardworking man.
Our first home together, a 1891 old Victorian that is filled with mementos of our adventures living and traveling overseas.
A politically charged job as an administrator at a state university.
Time with my husband to see movies, attend concerts, and travel.

What I crave
A child or two. Everyday I get more depressed about my fading chances to be a mom. It's an obsession.


2007
What I have

A handsome, funny, smart, hardworking man, who is also a fabulous Daddy.
A sassy 6 year old daughter.
A sweet 4 year old son.
A mostly happy home where we've only recently been able to bring out our breakables again, and which is usually very cluttered with library books, swim suits, Bionicles, tiaras and kiddie lipstick.
A patchwork of work-at-home jobs.

What I crave
Time to myself to read, write, think. It's an obsession.

You can see where this could go as the children grow and become independent. Should I be lucky enough to have continued health and safety for my family, I will once again have then what I want now, and vice versa.

Be. Here. Now. Lori.

###

Please visit today's Drama 2B Mama post, Adoption School.

4 comments:

Kami said...

Fun post! I could do the same thing. I am a "thinking about dessert while I am eating dinner" kind of person. Always good to remember to appreciate the moment.

Now, about not having time to yourself . . . your kids sit quietly and read for hours, right? ;)

Pamela T. said...

Intriguing post. It's good to see where we've been, where are we and where we're preparing to go...

Nicely done...and have a great few days off!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Yeah, Kami. My kids can go for hours without needing my attention...NOT!

Pamela Jeanne, I review too much where I've been, and I preview too much where I'm going. My intention is to just be where I am.

So simple yet so difficult.

KarenO said...

I haven't been visiting any blogs this week, so I missed you going away! Hope it was great fun :)

Strange how the wheels of life are turning huh? It seems they turn full circle, but when you get to the "top" thins are SO different than last time you experienced the same kind of things...