This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Saturday, January 5, 2008

How many?

How many blogs to you subscribe to and read regularly?

Please take the poll on my right sidebar. I'll keep it up for a week to see how my 40 compare with other readers'.

And leave me a comment about which feeder (if any) you use (Google Reader, Bloglines, etc) and if you're happy with your method. I'd like to know more about what's out there.

17 comments:

Sunny said...

I read 185. Sick I know. A big chunk is for Mel and being a clicker. I use Google Reader. LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Half of my blog reading happens on livejournal which while can be put in a feed reader like google or bloglines, I would miss out on a good deal of posts that are locked to friends or members. The other half are read through bloglines.

Waiting Amy said...

I use bloglines. Its just the first one I tried. It works for me. My 56 should probably be pared down, and a couple substitutions need to be made. Hope that helps!

Pamela T. said...

Whoa! Sunny - 185? Impressive. I thought I was bad with 82! Of course, not everyone posts on the same day so I manage somehow to get around and I don't comment on every post...I use a tool we developed y a young coder in our office. It's called The Persona Bee. It's freely available on the Internet for customization - mine is http://www.personalbee.com/923. The tool allows me to subscribe and keep track not of blogs not unlike Bloglines. I prefer the layout on the Bee, and other people can subscribe to it, too.

IdleMindOfBeth said...

I'm at 35 subscriptions right now, but I tend to add 1 or 2 a month.

I use & like Google Reader. Was the first one I tried, and the only complaint I have is that a couple of my subscriptions don't show the updates. I don't know if its something I did or didn't do (quite possible), if its a glitch in their system, or if its something to do with the specific blog. But, since it's only a couple, I go check them manually.

Anonymous said...

122 blogs. Wow. I am subscribed to 122 blogs. No wonder Mr. W says I'm always "blogging" (which to him means reading and/or writing blogs). Of course all my reading leaves me much less time for commenting. :-(

I love Google Reader. I used bloglines for a while, but it takes a couple of hours to update and it kept on screwing up. Hooray Google!

Kami said...

I didn't count how many I currently subscribe to, but I think I visit about 40 or so pretty regularly. I also didn't count the International adoptions I "click" on for Mel. Fortunately, many of them are pretty quiet.

I do feel overwhelmed and don't feel like I keep up well enough. I am interested in the . . .probably 100 or so I subscribe too, but wonder if I spend to much time in infertility land.

Sometimes I wonder if I should get it down to a more manageable level . . . and then I want to read the Creme de la Creme posts and suspect there will be other peoples stories I would like to keep track of.

I am interested it hear how other people do it.

millie said...

In my defense I read a lot of food blogs and celebrity gossip blogs along with adoption/infertility/etc blogs. Not sure that's a defense but...

Bloglines has me currently at 312 subscribed blogs. But some are no longer posting.

I do like Bloglines fwiw but it has made me a lazy commenter.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Scary picture! I don't even think it's fair to answer this question :-) I think I'm currently subscribed to 1092 blogs. There are some I read daily, others I read weekly, but I click through the others at some point over the course of the month. Isn't that scary?

But I actually have my dailies bookmarked and work off of that rather than reading through bloglines. I've never really figured out how to read through bloglines.

Geohde said...

I read about 80, with google reader. I just hate the font that bloglines has, for no good reason at all.

J

loribeth said...

Ummm... you don't have a category for "zero" or "what's a blog reader?" lol. I'm fairly new to blogging (not to mention a generation older than some of you, I'm sure) & all the talk about blog readers & feeds, etc. gets me feeling queasy. I probably have about 40 bookmarked & some I visit more regularly than others. I've also piggybacked on Pamela Jeanne's blogreader a few times & enjoyed that (thanks, PJ!).

Tracy said...

I use Google Reader, and am happy with it so far.

niobe said...

I read about a zillion blogs. I used to use bloglines, but, sadly, it deleted all my subscriptions for a week or so. They eventually reappeared, but by that time I'd switched to google reader.

m said...

Ok, ladies. You have made me feel like a total luddite. I check around 50 blogs regularly, but I rely mostly on Mel and my own blogroll (and of course, one can always get sucked into someone else's blogroll and then someone else's and then....)

Funny how I use Google Reader for every other feed, but not my IF ones. I had been considering bloglines just in case internet access at work tightens, but haven't done a darn thing about it yet.

I think I've just found my afternoon project. Great convo Lori!

beagle said...

I used to just click on my own blog's blog roll then I signed up for bloglines and while I like it, it has also gotten out of control. I can't read all those that I have subcribed to. I used it as more of a bookmark (there are over 100) but now I'd feel bad about "un"subscribing.

I read maybe 30+ regulary and then a bunch more sporatically.

LJ said...

218 Blogs...all managed in google reader. I like it a lot more than bloglines, just for the interface and features.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Well...the comments here have given me enough for a whole 'nuther post.

Thanks, bloggers!