This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Friday, February 27, 2009

Alerts for those in (or interested in) Open Adoption

Four items have recently appeared on my radar screen.

First, Heather of Production Not Reproduction is building a list of open adoption bloggers. Click on over to add your blog and grab code for a cool new button on your blog.

Second, a columnist in an open adoption addresses the question "How open does an open adoption have to be?" I will reserve my remarks here about a comment left there, and just ask you to go on over and perhaps weigh in with your own thoughts.

Third, Crystal and I have been asked to speak at an infertility support group next month in the Denver metro-area about our open adoption. There are just a few spots left at this free event. Please contact me if you'd like more information.

Fourth, has anyone had experience with MyAdoptionAdvisor? If so, I would be interested to know about it.

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for spreading the word!

Kami said...

I checked out the article and the comments. Fortunately, Sue seems to be in the minority. It would certainly be interesting to get a peak into her life.

Dora said...

Re your comment on the article, WELL SAID!

beagle said...

I blame bad made for TV movies . . .

Thanks for sharing this info here!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I nominated you for an Award, please stop by my blog for the details, thank you!

Anonymous said...

I am not educated on the topic of open adoption but even I could tell she was coming from left field. Good for you for being forthright with your rebuttles to her entry.

luna said...

thanks for the info. your reply was right on. I wonder if sue has any children herself, or what's her connection to adoption.

chicklet said...

Loving the "healthy family" quote. That's just so open-minded and heart-warming of her...