This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Show & Tell: Malaprop

Roger and I came upon this scene one day while touring the Syrian countryside, circa 1997:

Roger speaks to some travellers about the plight of their bus, the Happy Jurney.

Clearly, when this vehicle was christened, much was lost in translation.

See the cool stuff my classmates are showing and telling over at Mel's Show & Tell.






.

13 comments:

Quiet Dreams said...

That's a great photo! And I love how English words are mangled in other countries. Quite entertaining.

Sandy said...

That photograph made my day.

Kristin said...

What a great picture and I love the dichotomy between the bus's name and its fate.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear! I hope they got it going again. I'm sure it /used/ to live up to its name! :)

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Jurney, indeed!

Sudbury Creative Reuse Centre said...

Oh the irony! Great photo!

Terry said...

That is funny (the name but not the accident) !

Once A Mother said...

great picture, but that poor bus! i hope all worked out and the bus got going again.

MrsSpock said...

Reminds me of the kooky T-shirts my sister sends from Japan...

Sunny said...

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but I am laughing my @$$ off at that picture!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a world traveller.

Brenna said...

Love the photo! You all have visited some amazing places.

Sheri said...

The irony of it all!

Too funny!