Was/Is there a song that symbolizes your journey to become a family?Here's mine. I was scared to pieces for the TTC procedures, which we were having done while living in a 2nd world country. I listened to this song over and over again while trying to build up my courage to subject my body to all sorts of risks and pain (brave I'm not).
While I wasn't facing a literal death, it sure felt like I was.
This song is from Jesus Christ Superstar, where Jesus is first angry at God, and then accepting of God's will. The orchestration is amazing, as is the soul-wrenching voice of Ian Gillan of Deep Purple.
Man. I've got a lump in my throat.



3 comments:
Great post!
I have a couple of songs that describe where I am in my ttc journey right now. One is
Just Give it Time by JON MCLAUGHLIN and the other is Stand Back Up by Sugarland.
Even if I do not get my perfect dream in the end everything will fall into its perfect place and I will stand back up and move on.
Ummmm not sure about my response to my dad being stoic HA! It was more like, Dad I wish you could read my thoughts right now but really it probably is a good thing that you can't!
"God, thy will is hard,
But you hold every card."
Yup! There is a huge lump in my throat too. There wasn't just one song to describe my journey through IF, but some of the lyrics in LeAnn Rimes' song "How do I live" reminds me of the time I first started to decide to let go of the dream of having a baby.
"Without you,
There'd be no sun in my sky,
There would be no love in my life,
There'd be no world left for me.
And tell me now,
How do I live without you?
I want to know,
How do I breathe without you?
How do I ever, ever survive?"
I love that song. I love the whole play.
Our song was Waters of March (we have the version sung by Susannah McCorkle).
And here's your gin and tonic. Hope the conference is going well!
Post a Comment