This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Red carpet

Imagine me trading in my knockoff U.ggs and yoga pants for something with sequins and spikes. Imagine I trade holding hands with spaghettio-ed Tessa and Reed for linking arms with a tuxedo-ed Rob. Imagine the bloggerazzi flashing their bulbs in my face as I smile a perfect smile and wave from the elbow.

Imagine that I win! Well, this last part is true. And I don't even have to get gussied up to accept the honors.

Here are some recent recognitions I want to thank the Academy for.



Martha put a lump in my throat with the nice things she said in awarding me Mrs Spit's Toby Award. Namaste to you, Martha (*bowing deeply*).




The Mom Nerd passed on the Premio Dardo Award. I didn't know what this was (and I couldn't tell from the image) so I did what any self-respecting blogger does: I found someone else who had researched it.
  • This award first appeared in Spanish in February 2008 and in English in November 2008.
  • Premio Dardo means Dart Award in Spanish.
  • This award "acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day."
Thank you, Mom Nerd.

DragonDreamer Kristin offered the Lemonade Stand Award, which, I found, goes to bloggers who "show great attitude and gratitude." Some sites say it's awarded for bringing refreshment to readers.

Those are traits I aspire to. Thanks, Kristin, and cheers.


Julia S bestowed the Honest Scrap Meme. It seems that "all chosen for this esteemed award should list a few honest facts (scraps — short truths) about themselves."
  1. I have never had a PBJ sandwich.
  2. I played the piccolo in high school.
  3. I was told by a ski instructor my first time out that I had "rubber knees." The nickname stuck (the comment was overheard by a member of the church group) and it took me two decades to get back on skis.
  4. When I was a Brownie, I won a baking contest for a recipe called, "Rick.ety Un.cles."
  5. I can usually guess the time to within about 5 minutes.
(If these look familiar, it's because I am plagiarizing myself. And "Rick.ety Un.cles" remains the top search term that lands Canadians on this blog. Can someone, preferably a Canadian, please explain that?)

So thank you to the Academy. You like me! You really like me!

And I like you right back.

11 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great lists, Congrats on the Awards, so deserved.
Thank you so much also for your email, I am putting it out in the Universe, I will meet you!
I love the Ricke.ty Unc.les, what is world is that??
I have two Canadian blogging buddies, Mrs.Spit and Soralis, I will have to ask them.

luna said...

I really really like you!

congrats on the well deserved honors.

Kristin said...

Congrats on all your awards!

Cathy said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!

Congrats on all your awards!

Geohde said...

Hear hear!

Clapping from the peanut gallery..

xx

J

loribeth said...

I'm Canadian & I've never heard of "Rickety Uncles." ???

But I agree -- the awards are well deserved!

B said...

Of course we do!
I too was a picoolo player. What a screech. You can see why they only have one in an orchestra.

Melissa said...

Congrats!! We can say, "We knew her when.."

:o)

Phoebe said...

I like your dress! Since when did you go blonde?!

MrsSpock said...

Are you going to run around the audience and yell, I Love You All!?"

Lollipop Goldstein said...

We do, we do! We really like you!