This blog has moved!



This space remains so that
old posts/links are accessible.



Please visit and subscribe to
the new
LavenderLuz.com.



Subscribe via Feedly

Friday, September 19, 2008

Yeah. What SHE said.

This is a post I wish I'd written.

But I'm not allowed to use the F word (my mom reads) and I'm not as funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Lori. I wake up this morning and my stats exploded. Thanks!

Does your mom allow you to drink copious amounts? Because I have a margarita right here for you!

Phoebe said...

Not impressed.

chicklet said...

Use the f word, do it!

PerfectMomentProject said...

You know you are going to have to pick a side sometime.. really.

Hey, Lori... you may like this lesson learned this week about Free Lunches.

and where it took me on my thoughts about charity. .. oh yeah, and one of my early favorite father figures.. Andy of Mayberry.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Robin -- see, I don't think I HAVE to pick a side. At least neither of the two that others are flocking to.

I enjoyed the trip back to Mayberry, and the very poignant/funny dialog between Ange and Opie.

As for the lunch, though it WASN'T free. SOMEone paid for them.

I'm not against giving. In fact, I'm FOR giving. Voluntary giving, giving because we feel interconnected and responsible for each other. I believe most people are mostly good, like Opie.

I'm against taking. The government taking. The government taking on more and more of our risk so that people are more and more removed from consequences. The risks get bigger and bigger, as do the consequences. And it actually WIDENS the gap between the rich (who will smell like roses after the financial debacles of this week) and the poor sops who will end up shoveling the sh!t behind them.